The HALdrive is an adapter module to operate analogue scanheads together with a XY3-100 scanner controller card. It is fully adjusted, ready to be used and
needs to be electrically connected only for operation.
It provides the following features:
- XY3-100 input signal
- ±2.5V..±10V analogue output with 20 bit resolution (specify your desired voltage range during ordering)
- wide range power supply: +-12V .. +-24 V
- simple 1:1 connection with E1803D contoller card possible
- full operation with any other XY3-100 scanner controller
- instant-on, no bootup time after power-up
- small size of 62x45 mm (can be shrinked to 45x45 mm if necessary)
So it can be used to connect a XY3-100 digital controller board to an analogue scanhead and will guarantee a low-latency, fully synchronous operation.
The XY3-100 protocol itself is a new, open, future-proof and non-proprietary standard for communication between scanner controller card and scanhead. It provides variable position resolutions in range 16..26 bit and an extended backchannel. It is hardware-compatible to its predecessor XY2-100 and therefore can be implemented in existing hardware via a firmware upgrade easily.
HALdrive manual containing hardware and usage description as well as full pinout: haldrive_manual.pdf
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, A QUOTATION OR TO ORDER HALdrive CONVERTER BOARD, PLEASECONTACT US
HALDrive™ hardware and design is © by HALaser Systems